This cheesy veggie chicken bake is my little spin-off of Costco’s chicken bake – loaded with chicken, turkey bacon, veggies and cheese. It is the perfect little baked sandwich! Follow the recipe here, or substitute ingredients with leftovers and whatever veggies your family loves. These are great for on-the-go meals, and will freeze perfect for later too!
Here’s what I put inside mine:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (+ 1 more cup for sprinkling on top later)
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded – mixed with 4 oz cream cheese (I used chive & onion flavored) while still warm
- 6 oz (half of a package) of turkey bacon, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces & cooked
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups potatoes – cut into 1/2-inch cubes and boiled until “almost done” (it will cook just a little more while baking)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
Prepare your filling ingredients ahead of time, so that it completely chilled before mixing together and wrapping in your dough….