I don’t like the word nugget. It’s weird, mostly. And, especially unappetizing.
There are some things we just can’t control in life. Chicken Nuggets: Life Lesson, 1:1.
These are not like anything you are going to get in a greasy bag through your driver’s window. They are made of with everything good and nutritious. Kale and quinoa disguised by a nugget. Packed with flavor and rolled in Parmesan. Nugget. Nugget. Nugget.
(PS – Don’t forget to enter the giveaway I have going on right now!)
Quinoa & Veggie Chicken Nuggets
1/3 cup finely shredded zucchini
1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
1/3 cup finely chopped kale
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
2/3 cup cooked quinoa (I used 1/3 cup red, 1/3 cup regular)
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
2 pounds ground chicken breast (or sub for ground turkey)
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Mix all chicken ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Combine bread crumbs and Parm together in a small bowl. Scoop out about 2 Tablespoons of chicken (I just use my cookie scoop), roll in breadcrumb and flatten.
4. Arrange nuggets on lightly greased baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, then turn on broiler to brown. Watch closely – they will brown fast after a few minutes!