Even though I usually forget about my New Year’s goals sometime mid-February, I always write them. I’m a list maker, and aside from it being somewhat therapeutic, its fun to plan the future – to plan for a better me. Here are a few of the things that I want to accomplish this year…
- Learn how to make soap
- Become a better photographer: Project 365
- Design a font family
- Teach a cooking class
- Add a new pattern to my Etsy store every month
- Un-addict myself to Diet Coke
- Run a 5k
- Fit into my wedding dress (≥ -30 lbs) find me on MyFitnessPal: homemadetoast
- Have [real] family photos taken (regardless of if the previous goal happens or not)
- Quadruple last year’s ht pageviews
- Have a post reach 10k pins
- Read to my kids everyday
I’m sure I’ll add more to the list while I am still motivated, but for now- it’s a good start.
I don’t know why I didn’t know that this was even a thing until a few months ago – microwave popcorn in a paper bag. No oil, no butter, no fancy air popper – just a paper lunch sack.
Microwave Popcorn in a Paper Bag
Pour about 1/3 cup popcorn kernels into a paper bag (I prefer yellow over white). Fold down the top of the bag about an inch, then fold over one more time. Microwave until the kernels pop about two seconds apart. (Ours takes about 1:40)
We like ours with just a little bit of salt. If we are feeling naughty, we’ll drizzle a little melted butter and powdered ranch mix on top.