And, it's my new obsession.
Balsamic Bean & Quinoa Salad
2 cups quinoa, rinsed well
1/2 cup red lentils (or regular), rinsed well
5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 cucumber, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
1/4 cup feta
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups quinoa and 4 cups of broth to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes, or until done (still crunchy!). Let cool 10-15 minutes before adding to salad.
2. At the same time, in a small saucepan - bring 1/2 cup lentils and 1 cup broth to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until done. Let cool 10-15 minutes before adding to salad.
3. Mix the remaining salad ingredients - except the feta and spinach - together in a large bowl. Add in quinoa and lentils when ready.
4. Prepare dressing by mixing oil, balsamic, and red wine vinegar together with salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Toss in spinach and feta before serving.