This is a super basic, protein-rich salad full of fresh veggies and a simple balsamic dressing.
And, it’s my new obsession.
1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups quinoa and 4 cups of broth to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes, or until done (still crunchy!). Let cool 10-15 minutes before adding to salad.
2. At the same time, in a small saucepan – bring 1/2 cup lentils and 1 cup broth to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until done. Let cool 10-15 minutes before adding to salad.
3. Mix the remaining salad ingredients – except the feta and spinach – together in a large bowl. Add in quinoa and lentils when ready.
4. Prepare dressing by mixing oil, balsamic, and red wine vinegar together with salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Toss in spinach and feta before serving.