I first tried this recipe out one one of my best friends a few months ago. We loved it, her and her hubs loved it – and it has become a regular ever since!
I guess you could describe the sauce as a light Alfredo – - with a kick. I adapted the sauce from my Chicken Bryan recipe – minus the butter and tomatoes, plus a little milk and Parmesan. And, of course – I topped it with garlic lemon chicken, my as of recent go-to chicken recipe.
Lemon Basil Pasta with Garlic Lemon Chicken
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon butter
½ – ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
½ cup cream
½ cup milk (plus up to ½ cup more – to thin sauce)
1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 large handful fresh basil, chopped (do not use dried!!)
16 ounces pasta, cooked and warm (I use penne)
vegetables – chopped and cooked (I like to saute zucchini and yellow squash in just enough butter to prevent sticking)
1. Saute garlic with butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until fragrant. Add
in lemon juice and white wine and bring to simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce sauce by about half.
2. Remove from heat and slowly wisk in cream and milk. Add in Parmesan cheese back over low heat, stirring until melted. Add in more milk if necessary to thin sauce (I usually add about 1/3 cup more for a thin sauce). Stir in fresh basil.
3. Toss sauce with cooked pasta and vegetables.
Lemon Chicken Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts – pounded to uniform thickness
½ cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons white wine (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teapsoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
dash of cayenne and paprika
2. Heat just enough olive oil to coat bottom of large skillet, heat over medium. Brown chicken on both sides.
3. Pour lemon juice and wine in skillet, simmering to deglaze and reduce around chicken.
4. Continue to cook the chicken as the sauce reduces, occasionally flipping to coat
with sauce, until chicken is done.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes – slice into strips.